The Secretariat of the Conference
- Hits: 8941
The Conference Secretariat is the technical and coordinating organ of the Conference. It is headed by an Executive Secretary and is responsible for coordinating, facilitating and monitoring the implementation of the Pact and Programmes of Action to achieve peace, security and development in the Great Lakes Region. The Secretariat also has a mandate to coordinate the implementation of the decisions of the Summit. The Secretariat has its headquarters in Bujumbura, Burundi-Boulevard du Japon, 38.
It has the following decentralised organs/centres:
- Levy Mwanawasa Regional Centre on Democracy and Good Governance (LMRC)
- Regional Training Facility (RTF) on SGBV, Kampala
- Expanded Joint Verification Mechanism (EJVM), Goma.
- Joint Intelligence Fusion Centre (JIFC), Goma
- Joint Follow-up Mechanism (JFM) on the ADF, Kasese.